Are you wondering if your primary care physician can treat or diagnose an issue you’re having? Wondering if it falls under the care of a dermatologist? At Beverly Hills Skin Care Institute in Beverly Hills, MI, Dr. Indira Misra-Higgins is here with answers.
When to Visit a Dermatologist
We won’t count the yearly screening you should be getting in this list, but here are other conditions and concerns that you’ll want to see a dermatologist about.
- Severe and scarring acne
- Scaly and rough skin patches
- Rashes that are more than 10% of your body
- Rashes that have pain and fever
- Changing shape mole or freckle
- Changing size mole or freckle
- Chronic itchy, red, dry skin that isn’t responding to treatment
- Skin patches that are darker, or lighter, than your skin tone
- Aging and unsightly veins
- Unexpected balding and hair loss
- Unhealing sores that last over two weeks
Any of the above will require a trip to a dermatologist to get the best diagnosis and treatment options. Many times, a first visit to a PCP will resort to a referral to a dermatologist.
What Conditions do Dermatologists Treat?
Just some of the many conditions that we treat at our facility include Vitiligo, Pityriasis rosea, Rosacea, Eczema, Acanthosis nigricans, Tinea versicolor, and Psoriasis. These usually require medications but may also need dermabrasion, laser surgery, chemical peels, light therapy, laser resurfacing, or sclerotherapy. We will make sure that you understand what is causing your symptoms, what your condition is, and how we'd like to go about treating it. We include you in our process from the very first step so that we are all on the same page in your healing and recovery.
Your local Beverly Hills, MI dermatologist Dr. Indira Misra-Higgins understands the confusion that can be had wondering what specialists treat what conditions. If you have something on the list you’d like to consult with us about, give our office a call at (248) 723-5802.