If you’re unhappy with the appearance, tone, discolorations, and texture of the skin on your face, a chemical peel may be the ideal solution. It is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that helps renew and refresh your complexion. Find out more about the benefits of a chemical peel when you visit Dr. Indira Misra-Higgins at the Beverly Hills Skin Care Institute in Beverly Hills, MI.
What Is a Chemical Peel?
When doing a chemical peel, your dermatologist applies a chemical (usually alpha-hydroxy acid, glycolic acid, or trichloroacetic acid) to your face that removes layers of skin to reveal new skin underneath. The intensity of the chemical used varies depending on how much skin needs to be removed, ranging from the outermost layer to a deep layer peel.
Benefits of Chemical Peels
The first thing that people notice is your face, and the quality of your skin, so naturally it’s one of the top concerns of dermatology patients. These are some of the benefits of getting a chemical peel at the Beverly Hills Skin Care Institute in Beverly, MI:
- Acne scar and pimple relief.
- Smooth wrinkles in the skin.
- Helps get rid of hyperpigmentation and discoloration.
- Unplug clogged hair follicles.
- Makes skin firmer and more youthful looking.
- Reduce oil and bacteria in the skin.
- Calm inflammation.
- Makes it easier for the skin to absorb moisturizers and other treatments.
- Helps reverse the effects of sun damage.
Schedule Your Chemical Peel Appointment
Dr. Misra-Higgins is a trusted dermatologist who can help refresh your skin using non-invasive methods. Contact her office at the Beverly Hills Skin Care Institute in Beverly Hills, MI, today to schedule a chemical peel consultation by calling (248) 723-5802.