Your skin performs many important functions including protecting your vulnerable internal organs, protecting you from bacteria and viruses, and helping you look your best. Taking care of your skin is vital to your appearance and feelings. Your dermatologist can tell you more.
What You Need To Know About Taking Care of Your Skin
Taking care of your skin doesn’t have to consume your whole day. A few simple steps performed twice each day can help your skin stay healthy and beautiful. For daily care of your skin, you need to:
- Gently clean your skin with mild cleansing milks, foams, or gels
- Avoid using soap because it can dry out your skin
- Gently pat your skin dry, leaving a small amount of moisture on the surface of your skin
- Avoid rubbing your skin because it can irritate your skin
- Use a toner to balance the pH level of your skin
- Use alcohol-free toners to avoid drying your skin
- Apply moisturizer to clean, moist skin
- Your moisturizer should contain an SPF of at least 15 or higher
These are some important additional tips to help you avoid common skin conditions:
- To avoid acne, use non-comedogenic products that won’t clog your pores
- Never go to bed with makeup or dirt on your skin, to avoid clogged pores
- To prevent skin cancer, apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 when you go outside
- Help your skin stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- To prevent chapped, dry skin, apply heavy cream or lotion moisturizer at least once each day
- Avoid long, hot showers or baths because they can dry your skin
- Remember to apply lip balm to protect your lips from chapping
Want To Know More?
Taking care of your skin is one of the most important things you can do to keep yourself looking and feeling great. Talk with your dermatologist today to learn more about the importance of taking care of your skin and skincare tips to enjoy healthy skin.